Weekly Update – 28 November 2020
As we approach the end of November, activity in the various races continues to grow. Across the 7 races there are already 26 members with posted times – I know there are good few more than this as a number of members have not yet submitted their results. If you have run one of the race’s, don’t be shy and please input the time so that we can keep the leader board’s as accurate as possible.
The 5 miles has now overtaken the 5k as the most popular race with 18 entries to date.
Brandon Holroyd has had a very productive week and tops the leader board’s of the 1,500 metres, 5k (just broke the 20 minute barrier) and 5 miles.
With help from Nikki Crust, I had a very eventful morning last Sunday. Starting at Neiley with the 1,500 metres we then moved up to Farley Tyas to do the 5 miles. On my way home, as I was passing near to Slawit, I though I might as well give the 10k a go and splashed my way up to Marsden & back. I was happy with my 1,500 metres time but will be back to try to improve the other two.
Links for both the results input and leader board’s are below and will feature on each weekly update.
- If you decide to run one of the races and get a better time you are able to submit this and the leader board will be updated
- The leader board’s will currently only show the time recorded on the day. Handicaps will be applied later in December to show the actual winners.
- We accept that Strava can sometimes show slightly different distances for different people. Please try to stop your device on the actual distance or we may need to do some small adjustments.
- On the 5k, the left turn going down Bradshaw Road is the row of terraced houses which has the “Private Road” sign on them. This is just before the Long Lane turn.
- Be careful out there – it is autumn/winter and conditions are not ideal, particularly off road, with plenty water/mud/leaves around making for some slippy conditions.
- The lock diversion at Marsden Station (10k) was due to be finished yesterday (27/11). I will pop down over the weekend to check this is the case and provide an update by Monday at the latest.
Also, don’t forget to drop me an email with any interesting stories, information or queries (firstname.lastname@example.org).