Weekly Update – 21 November 2020
An update from Canal/River Trust (via Noreen Edery): The lock works near Marsden Railway Station will be completed by the end of the day of 27th November (this Friday) so the towpath will be fully clear from Saturday 28th.
- If you decide to run one of the races and get a better time you are able to submit this and the leaderboard will be updated
- The leaderboards will currently only show the time recorded on the day. Handicaps will be applied later in December to show the actual winners.
- We accept that Strava can sometimes show slightly different distances for different people. Please try to stop your device on the actual distance or we may need to do some small adjustments.
- On the 5k, the left turn going down Bradshaw Road is the row of terraced houses which has the “Private Road” sign on them. This is just before the Long Lane turn.
- Be careful out there given the current weather. This is particularly so on the off road routes but, also, the 10k where there is a lot of water on the towpath and some very slippy cobbles – particularly Lock 39 Bridge 56 near Marsden.
- The lock diversion at Marsden Station (10k) is still in place but, hopefully, will be completed early next week.