This is a seven stage championship with a minimum of five events to count. The event was held for the first time in November and December 2020 during the second national lockdown.
See results below.
- 1500m course: Neiley to Brockholes and back https://www.strava.com/routes/2759513888453071428
- 5k course: Honley circular https://www.strava.com/routes/2760145075555689170 Start on Jaggar Lane, run turn left down side of rec / cricket fields. Rt along Far End Lane. Sharp Rt up Oldfield road. Rt down Cross Lane, Rt down Bradshaw Road. Left along The Tor / Grasscroft Ave, Rr down Scotgate Rd, Thirstin Rd, finish on West Avenue at exactly 5k.
- 5 Mile course: As planned by Phil H https://www.strava.com/routes/2759522947220367940 Route description: Start double gates on Thurstonland Rd, right onto Marsh Hall Lane, Right onto Village, left onto Haw Cliff Lane, left onto Halstead Lane, straight onto Stocks Lane, left onto Fulstone Rd, left onto Cross lane, left onto Stocksmoor Road, right onto Browns Knoll Road, right onto Greenside Road, straight onto Farnley Road, left onto Moor lane finish in front of joiners.
- Trail: Slaithwaite to Tunnel End 10k https://www.strava.com/routes/2759522070970775108
To make the canal route exactly 10k, start in the small car park by the packhorse bridge. Run towards Slaithwaite centre, passing by the mini roundabout and zebra crossing, then turning back to run along the canal toward Marsden and Tunnel End. Follow the canal towpath all the way to Tunnel End itself and touch the wall right next to the tunnel entrance by the cafe. Complete the same route on the way back, finishing in the way you started. Route disruption: A bit of an update for those of you planning this one in the next few days. They are currently replacing the lock gates at the side of Marsden Railway Station and, as a consequence, part of the towpath is closed. Running from the Slaithwaite direction, the diversion off the canal is fairly clear but the entrance back on to it is not that obvious. As you run alongside the station entrance (by the metal fence) the entrance back on to the towpath is before you get to the road bridge, and just after the bus stop, on the right hand side. The actual diversion should have minimal impact on the distance. I have attached a couple of the photos of the entrance for clarity. The workmen advise that the work is only planned to take a week so you may want to delay any attempt until next week.
- Trail / fell: Black Hill Summit from Snoopies and back (5.8km) https://www.strava.com/routes/2759514867812143616 Start and finish at the Pennine Way signpost on the main road.
- Trail / fell: Denis Stitt course (start and finish at crossroads, 6.7km) https://www.strava.com/routes/2759515789007689284 Start at crossroads at Cartworth Moor Cricket Club. Vehicle track down to Ward Place, right, first left down steep grassy track. Though gate, turn immediately left up through woods. Take care to turn right int he woods, down to a footpath signpost, round post, back up through woods steeply then across field to road. Turn right. Turn sharp left before white cottage. When you hit the road bear right at return to start. 2 laps.
- Trail / fell: Langsett Reservoir loop (5.7km) https://www.strava.com/routes/2759516211190882884 Please check your route is 5.7km in distance. Start and finish in the car park
- Handicaps calculated.
- Championship Leaderboard: Points allocated according to handicap position. To qualify for the Championship Leaderboard, you must complete at least 5 of the events. Your best 5 will count.
- There will be a separate leaderboard showing ALL 7 events, with all to count.
If you have never used Strava before, it is a free app which can be installed on any modern Smartphone. If you are not able to provide evidence this way, or with Garmin Connect, please provide a photo of your watch or timing device using the same form (see link below).
- Register first.
- Run on your own or in a pair (this will be verified by Strava or Garmin). Any results based on groups running larger than 2 will be removed unless government guidance is relaxed.
- All distances for road must be exact.
- Submit evidence of elapsed time, not moving time (Strava / Garmin link or photo)
- Deadline to submit results: Midnight 31st Dec 2020
- Minimum Age for full Championship is 16. Juniors 13 or over may compete on the 1500m and Honley 5k courses. Under 13s 1500m only (EA Guidelines apply.)
Note: If you have already put your name forward for the Covid Club 5 Championship, your entry has already been transferred.