The format and scoring system are as in 2019, with your best 7 races from 15 to count and must include two of each length. First Harrier back takes maximum 25 points, 2nd 23 points, 3rd 22 points and so on, with all participants receiving a minimum of 1 point. There are separate competitions for senior men and ladies.
As we take part in a number of fell relays throughout the year, there will be additional points awarded for those making themselves available and competing at the events. And to try and encourage Holmfirth representation throughout the year at the English and British Championship races not included in the Harriers championship, further points will be awarded to those taking part, regardless of finishing position!
And if you can’t race, but volunteer to sweep one of our races, then there’s some Brucie Bonus points up for grabs as well, so no-one misses out!
Harriers Fell Championship 2020 race calendar:
- January 12 – Stanbury Splash (BM) – Penistone Country Park, Haworth.
- February 2 – Mickleden Straddle (BL) – Langsett Barn. Pre-entry only (from 1st December) – see race website for details.
- March 8 – Ian Roberts (BM) – Marsden Moor.
- April 4 – Guisborough 3 Tops (AM) – Guisborough, North Yorks. English/Yorkshire Championship Counter. Online entries from 1st Feb.
- May 2 – The Cake Race (BM) – Kiln Green Church, Diggle. Pre-entry only – see race website for details.
- May 17 – Calderdale Way Relay
- May 30 – West Nab (AS) – Royd Edge, Meltham.
- June 14 – Knowl Hill (BS) – Norden, nr. Rochdale.
- June 28 – Kinder Trog (BL) – Hayfield, Peak District.
- July 4 – Blencathra (AM) – Mungrisedale, nr. Keswick. English Championship counter. Online entries from April.
- July 19 - Holme Moss (AL) – Cartworth Moor CC, Holme Valley
- August 6 – Denis Stitt (AS) – Cartworth Moor CC, Holme Valley
- August 16 – Sedbergh Hills (AL) – Sedbergh, Yorkshire Dales.
- September 5 – Longshaw Sheepdog Trials (BS) – Longshaw, Peak District.
- September 12 – Cross Keys Road & Fell Relay – Saddleworth.
- September 19 – Three Shires (AL) – Little Langdale, nr. Ambleside.
- October 4 – Hodgson Brothers Mountain Relay – Patterdale.
- October 17 – UKA/FRA British Fell Relay Championships – Howgill Fells.
- November 15 – Litton Birks Loop (BS) – Litton, Yorkshire Dales.
Additional British & English Championship races:
- March 14 – Yr Aran (AM) – Llanuwchllyn, nr. Bala (British Champs).
- April 25 – Seven Sevens (AL) - N. Ireland (British Champs).
- May 16 – Aldermans Ascent (AS) – Greenfield (English Champs).
- June 13 – Ennerdale Horseshoe (AL) – Ennerdale (English Champs).
- August 1 – Glenshee Nine (AL) – Glenshee Ski Centre (British Champs).
- August 29 – Arnison Crag Horseshoe (AS) – Glenridding, Patterdale (British/English Champs).
- September 20 – South Mynd Tour (AL) – Little Stretton, Shropshire (English Champs)