2022 Fell Championship
After the 2020 & 2021 championships unfortunately had to be scrubbed for obvious reasons, here’s hoping for a return to some sort of normality in 2022! As such, the format and scoring system for the championship are as in 2019, so it’s your best 7 races from 15 to count, which must include two of each length (ie. Short, Medium and Long). First Harrier back takes maximum 25 points, 2nd 23 points, 3rd 22 points and so on, with all participants receiving a minimum of 1 point. There are separate competitions for senior men and ladies.
As we take part in a number of fell relays throughout the year, there will be additional points awarded for those making themselves available and competing at the events. And to try and encourage Holmfirth representation throughout the year at the English and British Championship races not included in the Harriers championship, further points will be awarded to those taking part, regardless of finishing position!
And if you can’t race, but volunteer to sweep one of our races, then there’s some Brucie Bonus points up for grabs as well, so no-one misses out!
Harriers Fell Championship race calendar (please also see Events at the foot of the page for more information and entry details):
- January 16 – Stanbury Splash (BM) – Penistone Country Park, Haworth.
- February 12 – Winter Half Tour of Bradwell (BL) – Bradwell, Peak District. Pre-entry now open (from 1st December); EOD only if race not full – see race website for details.
- March 20 – Ian Roberts (BM) – Marsden Moor.
- April 2 – Five Trigs (BL) – Delph, Saddleworth. Pre-entry now open – see race website for details.
- April 21 – Hartcliff Hill (BS) - Langsett
- April 30 – Guisborough 3 Tops (AM) – Guisborough, North Yorks. English Championship Counter. Online entries from 1st February.
- May 21 – Lower Borrowdale Skyline (AM) – Tebay, Westmorland. English Championship Counter. Online entries TBA & EOD if limit of 500 not reached.
- June 26 – Kinder Trog (BL) – Hayfield, Peak District.
- July 2 - Thurlstone Chase (BS) - Thurlstone nr Penistone
- July 24 - Holme Moss (AL) – Cartworth Moor CC, Holme Valley
- August 11 – Denis Stitt (AS) – Cartworth Moor CC, Holme Valley
- August 20 – Burnsall Classic (AS) – Burnsall, Yorkshire Dales.
- September 11 – Bleaklow Blitz (AM) – Torside, Crowden.
- October 29 – Race You To The Summit (BS) – Summit, nr. Littleborough.
- November 19 – Tour Of Pendle (AL) – Barley, nr. Burnley.
Additional Fell Relay race calendar (additional Fell Championship points available):
- May 15 – Calderdale Way Relay
- September 17 – Cross Keys Road & Fell Relay – Saddleworth.
- October 2 – Hodgson Brothers Mountain Relay – Patterdale.
- October 15 – UKA/FRA British Fell Relay Championships – Pentland Hills, Edinburgh.
Additional British & English Championship races (additional Fell Championship points available):
- April 9 – Seven Sevens (AL) - N. Ireland (British Champs).
- June 18 – Buckden Pike (AS) – Buckden, Yorkshire Dales. British/English/Yorkshire Championship Counter.
- July 2 – Druisdeer (AM) – Scotland (British Champs).
- July 23 – Old Crown Round (AL) – Hesket Newmarket, Lake District (English Champs).
- August 13 – Bradwell Short (AS) – Bradwell, Peak District (English Champs).
- September 17 – Black Mountains (AL) – Wales (British Champs).
- October 8 – Langdale Horseshoe (AL) – Langdale, Lake District (English Champs).