As we enter the last 12 days of competition, there has been a significant amount of activity with changes to the various leaderboards. In particular, Jacob Harman, Kevin Dessoy and Jon Burdon have posted impressive times in a number of the events.
Jacob Harman now tops the leaderboards of both the 1,500 metres (first person under 5 minutes) and the Langsett Reservoir Loop (where he currently holds a time some 1 1/2 minutes quicker than the second placed runner).
Kevin Dessoy & Jon Burdon have been cajoling each other around a few routes with good effect. They are currently joint top of the 10k leaderboard after splashing their way to Tunnel End and back with Kevin holding the lead position in the Dennis Stitt, some 28 seconds ahead of Jon in second place.
The 5k & 5m road races remain the most popular, followed by the 1,500 metres, 10k and Langsett Reservoir Loop. There are real chances to place well in both the Dennis Still & Black Hill races with only 10 runners currently qualifying for each.
Just as a reminder, all times will be handicapped on completion of the events (31st December). The overall winner, based on the best 5 out of 7 events, will win a trophy. There will also be awards for the winners of each race, plus the best of those who posted a time in all 7 races. Again, all will be based on handicapped performances.
Links for both the results input and leader board’s are below:-
- If you run a race again and get a better time simply submit this and the leader board will be updated
- The leader board’s will currently only show the time recorded on the day. Handicaps will be applied later in December to show the actual winners.
- We accept that Strava can sometimes show slightly different distances for different people. Please try to stop your device on the actual distance or we may need to do some small adjustments.
- On the 5k, the left turn going down Bradshaw Road is the row of terraced houses which has the “Private Road” sign on them. This is just before the Long Lane turn.
- Be careful out there – it is autumn/winter and conditions are not ideal, particularly off road, with plenty water/mud/leaves around making for some slippy conditions.
- The towpath for the 10k route is now fully open.
Also, don’t forget to drop me an email with any interesting stories, information or queries (email@example.com).